It’s time to lighten up! Too much sadness, illness, and seriousness lately. And just to shake things up further, today the commentary is the prelude to the quotations. Here are a few of my favorite humorists and a sampling of their witticisms I particularly like. Enjoy!
* In the world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
* The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fiction means.
* The cure for boredom is curiosity; there is no cure for curiosity.
* This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.
* Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
* The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug.
* I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a good book.
* Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Do you have funny favorites to share?